View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
PopBeavers

Last year we drove the GMC to Las Vegas to meet two other couples that flew in. We drove the GMC instead of the Lexus SUV because the Lexus seats 5 but the truck seats 6, but the front center is not very comfortable. We wanted to be able to traverse the strip, so the discomfort of the front center seat was not a big issue.

A GMC crew cab long bed (8 foot) truck is about 22 feet long and almost as wide as any truck around.

Carol, so short that I tease her by singing the "Short People" song around her, commented about how well I was driving down the strip, changing lanes, etc. I offered to let her drive, but she just laughed. She can barely see over the steering wheel. I told her it jut takes practice.

The only problem I had was valet parking at the old Riviera. They could not park it in the normal place, because they have circular ramps and the truck was too long. They said it would scrape the center column. So they parked it in a limo spot.

I can park it at the mall during Christmas, but it is not my first choice for a shopping vehicle.

Have you ever noticed that a lot of trucks are parked backwards? In narrow aisles it is easier to back in then to pull in.

But I can understand your point about difficulty parking.