Thread: Engines.......
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 06:01 PM   #1
Happytrails

Default Engines.......

Welp, my TV is down....blew the engine today.......Replacing it with a Jasper Engine, I hear they're pretty good, and tested and run before they leave the factory......3 year, 50.000 mile warrenty......any comments on it before it arrives this tuesday? (Nothing like an unexpected $3,000 bill huh?) At least it'll be like a whole new TV afterwards.............Any comments or suggestions are welcome........TV is a 1991 GMC Jimmy (S-10 blazer with a 4.3L, no engine oil cooler). In discussing this with the guy who will be putting it in, I thought about adding it as I have the facilities to do that, he said to stick with what I have, and told me something interesting I didn't know.......he said engine oil coolers rob the engine of oil, but at the same time, cool it......kinda a trade off. Then he said, "I'd just stick with what you already have". At first, I kinda wondered, but reason set in, and got to thinking about it. At first, I wondered what the heck he was talking about, then an apple dropped outta a tree and hit me on the head, when you check your oil, gravity motivates it downwards and as you don't check your oil with the engine running, all of it has drained to it's lowest places, so in doing a modification like that, I wonder if I'd have to check if I'd have to change my dipstick? Get one from a TV that has one with an EOC (Engine Oil Cooler)? I would simply have to replace the junction where it goes into my oil filter with one that runs through the radiator, so it really wouldn't be too big of a modification, and am replacing the radiator anyway.........anyone with any knowledge in this arena? Never hurts to ask.........

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]