View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
rbauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
Does the fridge fan light on the panel light up when you turn it on? If so there is power to the panel. You may have to trace/check the wiring to the WH burner. The crimp connectors used by TM have a tendency to come loose.
Update: Success! All of the visible connections were fine. So, I went under the sink cabinet. There is a small compartment enclosed in 1/8" plywood under the water heater. I removed the two screws to slide the piece of plywood out, but it would not budge. I didn't want to force it, so I abandoned that idea. There was one blue wire, a slightly heavier guage than the other three that attach to the back of the toggle switch plate, and headed down towards the floor disappearing behind this plywood compartment. I reached my hand down following the wire as far as I could go in this tight space. I couldn't reach the other end where it was connected, but I did pull on the wire firmly enough to make sure it was connected to something. It was. I then tried the toggle switch again, and it lit red! In about 10 seconds I heard the burner fire up and the red light went out. So, that was it. A loose connection. The good news is that I am now an expert in this water heater functioning from all of my investigations, and trial and error testing. Thanks to everyone for your various input. This forum is great!