View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 08:18 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Trailmanor Refrig Replacement

Dick -

I don't believe you can get a taller unit. When you close the TM, the top shell comes right down on the countertop. If you feel you need more refrig capacity, you have a couple options.

Some of us (including me) use a 40-quart Coleman 12-volt thermoelectric cooler. It travels on the floor, and I lift it to the countertop when we arrive at the campsite and open up. This has been a great solution for us - we love it - but the general experience is not all positive. You might want to click the search button, type in "thermoelectric", and open up the default search window from 60 days to perhaps 600 days.

At least one other person on the board has installed an inexpensive college-dorm type refrig. These operate on 120VAC only. In my 2720, I'm not sure where I would put it, but in the larger units, there is probably space.

You can also get a dual-voltage compressor-type unit (like a house refrig, rather than the absorption-type unit in the TM). Camping World has 'em, for example. A little pricey, but nice. Again, someone on this board has one - who is it?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote