View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #18
mrgoodwx

I haven't seen the Acadia yet...but I have to say "wow" if it is more comfortable and quieter than the Traverse. Of the vehicles I've driven so far, the Traverse is the most comfortable, and I could not even hear the engine when it's idling. That's pretty impressive to me, as I still have excellent hearing. The worst thing I could find about the Traverse is the interior looks cheap to me. That's not a deal breaker...as I'm looking for a good road vehicle that can also tow.

I guess I'll add the Acadia to my list for next week, along with a few others, including the Honda Ridgeline. That's one of the few pickups that will actually fit into our garage.

About 4WD "low." That seems to be disappearing from the market on SUVs. I can only find it on the Toyota 4runner and Nissan Pathfinder. I've used it on my 2002 Pathfinder whenever I've needed to ease my camper up a steep slope. Now...I wish I had tried to do that with 4WD "high" so that I would know I could have been able to put the camper where I wanted it. I have no experience with these AWDs, and it seems the sales people I've met with don't know much about them either. When I ask if their AWD is mostly FWD that transfers torque to the back wheels as needed...or something else, they can't answer.

Back to the research...