View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Michelle -

Once you have logged in, is there an EDIT button below your post? I think so. Use this to change the price in the title. If the button is not there, PM me with details and I will change it for you.

I have always noticed that prices on used RVs are lower in the east than in the west. We could speculate about why, but it doesn't really matter. Your situation is what it is, and you have to deal with it. But accepting a $10K hosing is NOT what I would consider "dealing with it". In southern CA, people seem to fight to get a TM. Maybe advertise out there, and plan a vacation around a delivery trip? Maybe consign it through Custom RV - you still have to deliver it and pay their commission, but it should be less than $10K.

Time of year is also tough. Few people are thinking about camping in January. May or June might see a significant uptick.

By the way, how did you arrive at what you consider a proper price - the one from which the dealer is lowballing you? NADAGuides suggests you might expect around $23K, which is where you started. You might refer to NADA in your ad, be prepared to instruct people how to use the guide so they can confirm your statement. The mention of NADA might lend some credence to your starting price, and some impact to your price reduction. Or perhaps grab a screen shot of the NADA result and print it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote