View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
PopBeavers

We bought a brand new 2005 TM 2720. Trips to the shop have been:

1. minor warranty work that I could have done myself, but I am too lazy and sometimes break things. The most important item was demonstrating how to pop the top of the stove off to clean underneath.

2. I replaced the kitchen faucet. It leaked. I gave up and let Camping World fix it.

3. While towing off-road I pulled a granite basketball out of the ground using the TM battery tray on the front. The rock won the fight. I used a local RV repair center to re-manufacture the battery tray.

4. Formica on the perimeter of the counters became nicked due to my carelessness. I have no experience with Formica. I let Custom RV in Anaheim, 360 miles away, do the work.

5. Awning fabric tore. I also wanted to add an over stove cabinet. I took it to Custom RV again.

None of these repairs required a TM dealer to perform. The most difficult was probably installing the cabinet, because if you drill holes in the wrong place it could become a problem. I chose Custom RV specifically because they have done that many times.

Custom RV frequently attends the West Coast TM Rally. They perform some minor repairs onsite, including adjusting shell height and torsion bar tension. That level of service is hard to beat.

For anyone that has to pay for RV storage, parking the TM in the garage saves a lot of money. How to get that message out better is unknown to me.