View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Maybe TrailManor wanted to reduce their workload of dealing with all the customer parts requests by having the dealers handle parts. However, given that dealers won't want to stock parts, I bet TrailManor is getting as many calls from dealers as they were getting from customers.

So my second thought is that this is a way for TrailManor is keep dealers as dealers by allowing them to get a piece of the pie. Dealers will apply a markup and make money in addition to unit sales. OK fair enough but if they do little to no "value-added" services and the parts are only drop shipped from the factory anyhow, then it is the customer getting the raw deal.

But if this new way of selling parts through dealers (only) is making it better for TrailManor and better for dealers, then in a small way, us owners of TrailManor units are also winners. After all, how happy would we be if TrailManor was out of business and no parts were available?
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote