View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Brifla

Thanks to everyone for all the great info! Sorry for the delayed response but I was busy gathering info on all the used Trailmanors for sale around central Florida and traveling to see a used 26, 27, 30 and 31 footer. We ended up buying the 2006 3023 that I originally posted about here. Although it was a brutally long trip getting it home due to the horrific situation on I-75 on Sunday, we made the 500 mile journey without any trailering incidents (with frequent stops to check hookup, bearing temps, tires, lights). FYI, I stopped at a weigh station along the interstate and my trailer axle weight was 3000#. I’m estimating the tongue weight at 400# for a total trailer weight of 3400# (nothing loaded in trailer). For this trip, the TV was Ford Expedition+Tow Pkg rated at 9200#. We are very happy and excited to be joining the Trailmanor family and I will definitely be signing up as a sponsor of this great forum.

To respond to a few of the questions/comments left in this post:
Yes, I think those outside plastic pieces are the same ones I asked about. If they’re simply cosmetic, I’m not going to rush to replace them.
The stove/oven worked fine when lit with a lighter but the spark ignition doesn’t work.
They were asking upper $10K for the 2006 3023 and I paid low $9K. If there aren’t any hidden bigger issues, I’m happy with the deal.
Thanks for the tip on the Dupont Teflon and other lubes. I actually have Boeshield T9 for my boat engine but may try the Dupont product from Lowes since it’s more affordable

I have a lot of questions and desired mods and have been searching the forum’s previous posts for info. I’ve already learned a lot (Thanks to all!). A few of the questions are more pressing so I’ve listed them here in the hopes someone can provide a quick answer.

Water pressure regulator – Which end of the water line should I connect it?
Ants – It appears some carpenter-type ants have taken a liking to the trailer. I’ve seen some that were dead in the storage area near the sink and a few live ones. Any recommended technique/product for getting rid of them (traps vs sprays)? We will have 2 dogs in the trailer so don’t want anything they can get in to.
Battery – Does the TV alternator and/or 110V hookup charge the trailer 12V battery or do I need to recharge it with a battery charger?
Propane Switch – Before trailering home, I closed the 2 propane tanks by turning their individual knobs. Is this correct? Should I be doing anything with the switch between the 2 tanks when arriving or leaving campsite? I’m assuming this is just a manual switch to select between tanks.
Power adaptor – What adaptors are needed to hook the trailer power cable up to typical campsite 110V hookup. I saw variety of adaptors at Walmart.
Latch springs – Several of the stiff latches are missing the springs that were mentioned in this post. Can I get generic replacement springs at Lowes, etc.
Tires – What are recommended stores to replace trailer tires? Are they available and able to mount them at the larger discount stores?
Brakes – What’s the best way to test the trailer brakes before hitting the road?
Queen bed flaps – The front bed doesn’t have Velcro flaps along the edge like the back bed. I don’t see where there were ever any velcro attachments. Is this normal? Are there any problems/solutions with the gap along the bed edges on this end of the trailer?
Antenna – There appears to be some kind of antenna with 2 wires mounted on the upper edge of the trailer top. Is this a radio antenna? My unit has speakers but no radio yet