View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

I agree with Bill, set the pressure cold and never dump pressure.

I have the TST system and the only alarm that i care about is the under-pressure alarm. I left the temp set at the factory setting which i think was 157 degrees, high enough that it will not trigger an alarm. I set the high pressure at 20 above my cold pressure and that has been high enough that it will not trigger an alarm.

I've had the TST for a year and I have had one low pressure alarm while on the road. I had enough time to pull over safely in a good spot to change the front tire on my TV as it was losing air. The alarm went off before I noticed a change in the way the tire handled so i considered that as a good test of the system to keep us a bit safer.

As for the Temperature function, I consider the alarm itself as useless but the visual information I get on the screen, noting changes in temperature to be useful. Once accustomed to normal changes in temperature such as the sunny side being higher than the shady side then any out of normal temperature will give a heads up to any potential problem.