View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by manorlife View Post
I appologize if this is a stupid question but when do you know hot is too hot and high PSI is too high and its time to pull off and let the tire cool down? does the unit have alarms that you can set? if so can you set each tire individually ie: TV vs TM? and where do you get the specs to know the alarm parameters?
The alarms are settable by tire sets ( ie trailer L&R or TV rear L&R) not individual tires. You can call the manufacturer for more exact temps and pressures, but I use 15 - 20 PSI above cold as a start. If you are traveling in very hot region you can always adjust the alarm setting. I use the monitor more as an early warning ( action required) device rather than an exact tire going to blow now device. The biggest concern for me is the slow or fast leak that you don't know about until it heats up from under pressure and blows. This is where the monitor comes in handy. The temp is kind of black magic as for exact temps. Again it is a drivers eye view of what is going on. If one tire temp goes up 25 degrees while the other has gone up 60 degrees, it might be time to stop and check stuck brakes or tire damage. Like I said earlier it is more peace of mind that while traveling, I can look down and see roughly what is going on with my tires and also know if I hit a nail or have a leak I will not be driving along on a soft tire about to blow.