View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #8
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
On our last trip, I was unable to light the fridge on propane, no matter how long I waited or how many times I pushed the "red" button.

I had my wife hold the button in to keep the propane flowing and I went to the back side and lit the pilot with a long nose butane lighter. I removed the small shield around the pilot, but I am not sure it was necessary.

I was not able to see the flame but my wife said the needle was moving up towards the green zone.

Passing this along just in case someone else encounters the same situation, and feels helpless about what to do about it.

Because we almost exclusively boon dock, running the fridge on propane is critical for us.
We have always had the same issue with ours, the only time the refrig lit with the red button was at the dealer.
As was stated by another member all we get is a little short puff of flame and then it goes out. We just use your procedure which works every time.
I have to remove the cover because going through the little inspection hole puts the lighter at the wrong angle.
Or refrig is the Norcold N300.3
Maybe some day one of us will come up with a fix.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote