View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default Eyebrow or Drip Cap mod

Thought it best to move this to the mod area and start a new thread.
Because most of the windows on the TM are not an awning type/style we added eyebrows or drip caps as they are known to some of our windows.

These are light weight aluminum and to my knowledge are not available in colors. For a light rain no wind blowing they will let you keep windows open.

You need to watch very carefully how you position the drip cap over the back shell side windows because of the front shell bag seals when closed.
A little bending may be required so the cap doesn't cut or chafe the bag seal.

Since the outside skin is very thin I used pop rivets to attach the drip caps or eyebrows. I used 1/8 by 1/8 rivets. Use masking tape on your drill bit as a depth gauge. After all the holes were drilled, use the drip cap as a templet, I put a bead of clear silicon on the drip cap mounting lip and starting at one installed the pop rivets. I used clear silicon as I felt it would be less noticeable than white. Any rv dealer should be able order the drip caps. Allow 1 to 2 inch over hang past the window edge. For the small windows my drip caps are 22 inch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eyebrowmod2.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	6741  
Attached Images

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote