View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
You might check the TrailManor site to see if your vehicle is on the recommended list.
A quick comment here, one that has come up a number of times. I apologize to Scott if it sounds like I am harping on this, but
THERE IS NO "RECOMMENDED VEHICLE" LIST !
The Trailmanor site simply provides a link to Trailer Life Magazine, which publishes an annual summary of tow ratings claimed by the car manufacturers. Trailmanor does not "recommend" vehicles. Trailer Life does not "recommend" vehicles. The fact that a vehicle is on the Trailer Life list does not mean that it is suitable to tow a Trailmanor. It also does not tell you anything about the configuration of the vehicle doing the towing - in particular, the need for a factory-installed tow package, transmission cooler, extra wiring for the brakes, weight-distributing hitch, etc. And it does not tell you anything about restrictions on how you load the trailer or the tow vehicle.

I, too, am concerned about the adequacy of a Saturn Vue for a 3124. Especially when you load the Saturn with 6 people, and load the Trailmanor with factory-supplied accessories like an air conditioner, and with all the stuff like food, clothes, and water, that 6 people will need when they go camping. I urge the OP to read and understand the Saturn's Owner's Manual (I downloaded a copy, and there is a lot of good info in it). And in particular, I urge the OP to get his rig weighed! CAT scales are everywhere, and are cheap to use. I don't think you are going to like the answer, but far better to be safe than to risk disaster.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote