View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz123 View Post
Jerry-

Do you mean the top of the lift bar to the bottom of the shell?
-Dave
To be sure we are talking about the same things, the lift bars (struts) are white, rectangular and vertical. The torsion bar is at the bottom and is black and round.

I mean (with the shells up), measure the distance from the top surface of the round, black, torsion bar to the bottom edge of each shell. The top of the strut is attached to the shell. The bottom of each strut sits on the "bent up" portion of the torsion bar and can slide up or down on this "round peg". The strut is held in place by the four bolts at the bottom of the strut (when it is vertical). If those bolts are even slightly loose, the strut will drop all the way down until it rests on the round top surface of the torsion bar.

I'll try to edit a picture to show what I mean. It will take me a while to get that done.

Jerry

Maybe this will help explain what I am attempting to say:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StrutAdjustment.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	6488  
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote