View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz123 View Post
I noticed that the rear shell of my 3023 was difficult to close. After looking around, I noticed the lift arm was hitting the front torsion bar on the door side, as it went up (or down). This was also causing the curb rear shell latch bracket not to straight up and down, or perpendicular to the ground. The threads that show how to adjust the lift arm do not seem to apply here. I'm stuck!
muz123:

From your one picture it looks to me that the rear shell strut has settled down too far on the torsion bar (those four bolts on the strut only serve to clamp the strut to the bar. The strut can move up or down if the clamp bolts are not tight). The strut bottom should be up high enough to clear the front shell strut torsion bar.

Check the distance from the top of the torsion bar to the bottom of the shell at each strut (front four and rear four) they should all be the same.

I think my 3326 struts are all 41" (top of torsion bar to bottom of shell). I'll check next weekend. I had to raise my door side, rear shell struts after our second trip in the 3326 (one month from brand new). For me the problem showed up as a door closing problem. The door side rear shell front and rear struts had settled 3/4" compared to the other six struts.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote