View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
OffToDaRaces

Default Major Toilet Problem Caused by TM, Not Thetford

I know this reply is to a post from several years ago.

I was astonished to learn that some of the issues that I observed during a recent incident with a tire blow out, were unchanged from what you observed several years ago. My TM is a 2008 2720.

At the beginning of a camping trip, a blow-out heavily damaged the plumbing, actually breaking the closet flange where the Toilet was mounted.

When a technician at an RV repair facility lifted the toilet, he told me that someone had made attempts at repair of this toilet, evidenced by copious amounts of silicone on the bottom of the toilet. To me, this is retty good evidence that the practice at TM assembly still involves use of alot of silicone.

Since my TM was built sometime after yours was built, it is a bit frustrating that some companies still continue to use "Quality Altering" assembly methods even when they are told of problems. I guess the "short cut" was more important than proper installation.

I now know that I cannot rely on this product until I have combed the TM to identify quality weaknesses.