View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #34
luvmymanor1
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
A surefire way to eliminate the sun factor is to travel when the sun isn't shining. After making sure the tire pressures are adequate and roughly the same, get on the road before sunrise one morning, travel on the highway for 30-60 min, and then feel both the tires and hubs. If one side is still significantly hotter than the other, you know you have a hardware issue. Bad bearings, bad tires, riding brakes, significantly overweight trailer, etc.

One thing is for sure -- you'll enjoy a nice sunrise.

I promise you things will get much easier once you get some of this stuff smoothed out and become comfortable with knowing when things are great and when you need to stop and address something.

Dave
I wouldnt say that they are significantly higher but enough to notice the diff. I think you're onto something with the riding breaks. I put breaks on and I may have tightened the fly wheel too much. i will get under there and back it off a few clicks and see whet happens. next leg is in three days so there is some down time to get things done.

I also saved all of the dexter parts distributors on our route, just in case something desides to go haywire on me.
I am a cheating freeloader. I have signed up for a Free Trial Membership 8 times under different names. I have received much thoughtful help from the forum members, but I am not grateful. I will not pay my fair share of the board expenses. I think you should pay it for me. You guys are suckers.
luvmymanor1 is offline   Reply With Quote