View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
VibrantClan

Default Rest Stop boondocking etc. and leveling Trailmanor

We are new to the RV community and have only gone out 3 times with our Trailmanor. The last trip I actually went solo without the husband and took the kids along. We had a great trip except for the trip home. We ended up getting a later start then I would have liked and had to drive more tired than I really should have. We did find a nice rest stop to take a break at that would have been great for us to pop the camper out and take a little snooze so I could continue the drive better rested. I decided not to do this though because of all of the warnings about having the camper level before using. I was wandering how important this is for future trips. Please keep in mind I am talking about stopping for a rest of 4-6 hours maybe just enough so I can get back on the road, and I would prefer to not unhook from the TV as well. We also wanted to know for some of those long trips that take 2 days to get there, but we really don't want to stop at a campsite along the way. If I had my husband with me we usually take turns driving when the other person gets tired, but I plan on doing a lot more solo trips with the kids so that wont be an option.