View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
klv5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Bumper storage for me. 2x sewer hoses, attachments on the right compartment, crank for hitch jack & scissor jacks, small container with odds & ends for water hoses, and the 4' and 10' hoses, sometimes a 5 gal collapsing water tote, all in the bumper. Very convenient, as I can access it with the shells down.

My sewer hoses have little orange caps that go over the ends, air tight, so I can rinse them out, then cap one end, compress the hose, and cap the other and they keep their small size. Makes for easy storage.

I'm not sure, but is a donut the ring that makes for a tighter seal with the sewer outlet? I'd think that'd be more important for a site with hookups--I've personally never seen any kind of requirement for a dump station, but I can easily see that someplace with a hookup would want that to be sealed well, less change of fumes/odors or spillage happening at the campsites that way.
Yes, requirement was for hookup at site. I was kind of guessing that this is what it is but have not found it anywhere as being called a doughnut. Am thinking that if we had a sight with sewer hook ups would not be continually hooked up, only using to dump before we left site. But best to be prepared for anything.
Thanks!