View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMMiniVan View Post
We had considered a towing trip to CA (we live in the midwest) but the mountains scared us, which is when this discussion came up and we thought maybe replacing car 2 with a better TV was a good idea.
There are several folks on this forum that have towed their TM cross country. In fact, some here do it regularly. We've towed the TM from SoCal, through the Rockies (at various degrees of latitude), to points along the east coast from Tennessee to Ontario 3 times. On such a trip, we usually travel 7,000-8,000 miles, and carry a fair amount of cargo in the TV (nothing special, typical "trip" stuff), which quickly can become a weight issue when towing a 4,000 lb trailer (fully loaded) like the TM. I usually remove the 3rd row of seats in our Sequoia, and the back from the second row to the tailgate is usually full up to the bottom of the windows. So I can easily see out the back window.

Given the above scenario, I personally would not be comfortable towing with any less capable vehicle than our Sequoia.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote