View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #17
Steppy

Default I'm An Old Army Aviator

Bill,
Great point. As an old Army (Vietnam era) Air Cav fling wing pilot (UH-1 & AH-1G) I diligently checked all safety wires and most certainly on the rotor head during pre-flight inspections especially on the "J***s" nut that held the main rotor on. No blasphemy intended but if that came off in flight it was "Oh J****!" I don't intend to take the rig on the road in this configuration, but just in my driveway as I move the rig around until I can obtain the channel iron I need.

If I were to take this on the road, I'd substitute a locking nut rather than the wing nut & lock washer & make sure I have the proper wrench in my TV to remove it if needed.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my posting. I really have benefited greatly from this super forum. As a newby TM & RV owner trying to refurbish a seven year old rig, I've benefited immensely from the collective knowledge and helpfulness of the members in this forum. I am very grateful for the kind assistance I've been provided and will endeavor to provide the same whenever I can to those members seeking assistance.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Curt WDH Trunnion 800 # TW
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote