View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 09:38 PM   #3
rixalex

Default Re:Lexus RX 330 Towing

Take a look at the latest Consumer Reports. They have a very comprehensive review of high end SUVs. They include a 0-60 test with a 3500 lb trailer. The Lexus scored very well in the CU testing (no big surprise), but note that the Honda Pilot was mentioned in the report and based on an earlier eval, it was judged to be as good if not better than the Lexus--and it costs about $10K less. The Toyota Highlander also received a very good rating during earlier testing and cost a lot less than the Lexus too. The other advantage of these rigs are the stability control systems that are included or available--I've got it on one of my vehicles and like it a lot. One final thought. After 30 years of buying only imports, I bought domestic two years ago and have been VERY pleased (true, it's not an SUV, it only seats two and it goes really really fast!). You'll find that the build quality of most high end domestic cars, while still not up to the best import standards, is very close in many cases. You should take a look at what the high end domestic manufacturers are offering these days and you may find what I did--there are some excellent choices.