View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wahlsten View Post
How about something like a Tahoe? I think it's rated to tow 6,000 Lbs. We have a Saturn Outlook (07) that is rated to tow 4,300 Lbs. We used it to pull our 2720SL and always kept thinking perhaps I should have gotten something stronger. It's not fun always thinking should I take this or that with or will that add to much weight. LOL
I agree with the above suggestion. Also Bill's comment on the Explorer. Although there are quite a few folks on the board who tow with vehicles that don't quite measure up to recommended GVW and tow capacities, I just don't like the idea of having to constantly know that I am pushing safe limits.

Too bad about the Astro. They were a great concept and I understand that they had a 5000 lb. tow capacity with a good 4.3 engine. GM probably dropped it because of CAFE standards they had to meet.

There are a number of folks who tow with Jeep products. Moabboy comes to mind. Look around the forum for them and PM them for more details.

For me...I'll take a pickup for towing. The modern crew cab or extended cab ones also do great as daily drivers, while having the capacity for family trips and towing.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote