View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #22
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandysplace View Post
How reliable and accurate have you found this unit supplied on nearly all TMs? Ours on our new Elkmont appears defective and/or we don't know how to use it properly.

With the handle pointing to either tank and both tanks full and both valves on; after about an hour of use, the flag turns red. Leaving both tanks on and switching the handle to the other tank the flag turns black. Switching the handle back to the original tank the flag stays black until after about an hour of use when the flag again turns red.
Sounds like you may have a defective automatic switch-over valve. Another possibility is an out of adjustment pressure regulator - worth having the setting(s) checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmiller3
The way it's supposed to work is that you leave both tank valves open and point the switchover valve handle at the tank you want to deplete first. The indicator should be green. When the first tank pressure drops to a low level, the indicator turns red and the switchover valve starts using the other tank. You then flip the valve handle to the tank that is now in use, remove the empty tank, refill it and replace it. The indicator will be green again because the tank the handle is pointing to has good pressure.
This is the way our automatic switch-over valve works. I will turn off the reserve tank and monitor the propane level in the active tank. When the active tank gets close to E, I open the reserve tank valve. Once the flag window is completely red, I close the empty tank valve and rotate the automatic switch-over valve selector over to the reserve tank - and the flag turns green.

These photos may help:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...php?albumid=98

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote