View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 AM   #21
Eutychus

Default Re:Joining the TM family, the snowball effect

We have just purchased our TM and are picking it up from the dealer in two days! And we have been experiencing the snowball effect. I know nothing about trailers or towing. Our family has done a lot of tent camping. We knew we needed to do something different because my bad back hurts more and we were fatiguing of the hours it took to set up, take down and recover from tent camping.

As you say Texas_Camper, everything is expensive and then we die. A TM is pretty expensive to begin with. Now with a TM purchase we have registration fees, insurance, the cost of getting our van set to tow and lots of little things from CampWorld. (All this is easily over $1000 and some will be recurring expenses.) We also had expenses for our home: we are going to park the TM in our garage -- and this took three expensive trips to the dump and $150 in shelves. (First time in our married life we have had a really clean garage.) My hope is that all these snowballing costs ease off a little and that the expense of trailer camping is a worthwhile investment for our family. Perhaps after all this we die with a little less money but we trust we will live until then with richer family times and many special memories!