Thread: Lock Boxes
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and C View Post
Has anyone ever installed, or seen, a secure lockbox or safe in a TM? I would like to have one.

Matt at Custom RV told me that he had installed one. But since we were talking about other things I failed to ask him where he put it. I am interested in having one installed if it can reasonably be done.

It seems to me that the lightweight construction of the TM would make this difficult. Even if installed, it might be easy just to tear it out.

Anyone have one or seen one? Any thoughts on this?

Please tell me about it.

Tom
I'm speaking conceptually, of course, because I don't go camping with anything very valuable (except for the Adventuremobile and the TrailManor, of course). As I think about it, we've never had anything stolen from a campsite, ever.

But if I wanted to do this, I'd find a place in a cabinet directly over a frame member where I could put 2 carriage bolts (1/4" is probably all you'd need) up through the frame, floor, and into the bottom of a lightweight safe (1/8" or so metal should do it). As you point out, Fort Knox isn't one of your choices in an RV, and your objective is presumably to require an inconvenient amount of time, tools, and noise from a burglar.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote