View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Are you able to visit a Harbor Freight and look at one? The HF listing says that this hitch was built by Haulmaster Trailers, and there is / was a company called Haulmaster in Elkhart, Indiana (RV Capital of the World!) I'm unable to find a current link for them, and manufacturing facility at that address is now occupied by a trailer manufacturer called Team Spirit Trailers. Big manufacturing building, big storage lot outside, a common sight in Elkhart. As you may know, a large number of trailer and RV manufacturers in Elkhart have gone out of business in the past couple years, as the TV market crashed. Perhaps Haulmaster was a victim, and was bought by Team Spirit.

Or as Wayne says, the Haulmaster name may be a cheap Chinese knockoff, which raises the same flag with me that it does with him.

Bill
Maybe these pics might help clear that up.

The jacks that I bought from HF were "Haul-Master". I'm not too concerned about them handling the job however because they are not a safety issue and they will never see over 25% of their rated capacity, less then 10% on most occasions.

Funny thing is........even if it didn't say "Made in China", the cardboard was a dead giveaway. What is it with Chinese cardboard? It's all the same too.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03896.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	5405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03897.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	5406