View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Are you able to visit a Harbor Freight and look at one? The HF listing says that this hitch was built by Haulmaster Trailers, and there is / was a company called Haulmaster in Elkhart, Indiana (RV Capital of the World!) I'm unable to find a current link for them, and manufacturing facility at that address is now occupied by a trailer manufacturer called Team Spirit Trailers. Big manufacturing building, big storage lot outside, a common sight in Elkhart. As you may know, a large number of trailer and RV manufacturers in Elkhart have gone out of business in the past couple years, as the TV market crashed. Perhaps Haulmaster was a victim, and was bought by Team Spirit.

Or as Wayne says, the Haulmaster name may be a cheap Chinese knockoff, which raises the same flag with me that it does with him.

Anyway, if you could look at the packaging, you might find the answer.

One other issue is the length of the springbars, since you have a 2720SL. This board has had a couple threads lately about the importance of springbar length when you are installing on a 2720SL. I think the conclusion is that the overall length needs to be about 32 inches. A length of 30 inches (apparently another common size) may not work.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote