View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #29
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Barry / Big Bear -

As I think you observed in the narrative with the pictures, a tight turn (as shown in one pic) can cause the tip of the bar to hit stuff on the underside of the A-frame at the snap-up hook area. It can also cause the chain on the outside of the turn to snub up against the A-frame, effectively shortening it. Either one will cause immense stresses on the various parts, with the result you have experienced.

It appears to me that the biggest part of the problem occurs during a tight turn -
Bill
After reviewing this thread again and looking Barrys' picture, the next to last, I have reached the conclusion there is no way to make standard length spring bars work on a 2720SL with swing tongue. Look at the chain angle from the spring bar to the bracket. With my TV and TM in a straight line on level ground and 6 links between the trunnion bar u-bolt and bracket mine is not straight, the chain that is, or near vertical as the instructions say to have it. I still wonder how CustomRV makes it work? Longer spring bars maybe?

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote