View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Installed my WDH yesterday and when making a very hard right turn, I was checking for binds etc. the chain hits the swing tongue mounting bracket. Reese makes longer spring bars but the guy at Reese I talked to didn't think they would work with my hitch. I looked at the pictures and I can't see anything different between todays square bars and 25 year old ones. I plan on taking one with me and hitting the trailer part places and RV dealers since I can't see Reese making a major design and retooling change in the 800# bars.

11/15/10 stopped by a trailer supply place and according to them all straight spring bars are the same length. Mine are 28" center line of part that goes to the hitch head and center of chain u bolt any ideas. My swing hitch opens to the street side.

1/12/11 etrailer and reese were no help. looked into spring bar extenders; not made any more. We are getting closer to cutting, grinding, and welding time!

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote