View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I'm not sure that it's just TrailManor having these problems. I have been debating on whether to get a fifth wheeler. As I do research on the models I have narrowed it down to, I keep running into similar kinds of problems from disatisified owners who have posted their experiences online in different forums.

It appears there are quality control issues across many makes and manufacturers of trailers.

As a business owner myself----I can testify to how hard it is to find good help. It appears less and less people are taking pride in their work, but the root causes of that would take up many forum pages.
I agree with wmtire 100%.

The problem with forums like this is that the dissatisfied customers speak the loudest..........It's not many forums that you will find that happy customers post their delight. For the hundreds of trailers that are built and sold, the # of complaints seem to be relatively low IMO.....

That doesn't diminish the validity of those that do complain. It may just help add a little balance to the over-all issue.

Just the very concept of building a home on a trailer that is driven down rough roads, over pot-holes, up & down hills, in and out of driveways, hot weather and cold weather (often in the same day), Sun exposure, salty roads, ocean air and all the rest of it, is a daunting task.

The manufacturers have to compete in the market place by keeping assembly prices in line, yet still come up with a competitive product.

I'm not excusing anything BTW.......I'm just saying that the market place is driven by the consumer. If a manufacturer does not keep up with consumer demand (both quality and price) they will only last as long as their ability to bleed $.

I have seen some really poor design flaws in the TM line of trailers. It does take a disturbingly long time for TM to get on top of these flaws but it has been my experience that (in the end) they do address most of them. Assembly issues seem to be a more time critical problem and closely related to the quality of people employed and the training time dedicated.

It appears that it is certainly time for TM to get serious about employee training and quality control.