View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
PopBeavers

An inverter would convert 12 volts from your batteries to AC to run you TV, very quietly.

I never watch TV and rarely access Internet when we go camping.

I bought the Honda 2000 because if I ever want to run the a/c I can get a second one. The Yamaha was not available as far as I know when I bought my Honda in March 2005. Besids that, my Honda can be carried on my side with one hand. The Yamaha 2400, which many people have been able to use for their a/c, has two handles and you carry it in front of you. I have been out of work several times for 1 to 2 weeks when I injured my back, and I ain't getting any younger.

We have a small microwave from Walmart, and in two years have used it once. So I mostly leave it at home.

If you want to try camping off the beaten path, at the Spring 2010 TM West Coast rally in Petaluma, California I did a presentation (plug here) on dry camping, disconnecting the umbilical cord. It was taped and a DVD is available. I'm not sure of the price. I think it is around $5.00 to cover the cost of the media and shipping. Since April 2005 we have had shore power 5 times.

I go camping to get away from people. If I wanted to be surrounded by people I would stay in San Jose.

My older brother has a big fifth wheel, very nice. But I like to ost that I do not like to go where my brother goes (rv parks) and he can not go where I can go (sometimes places with not even water).