View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Two weekends ago, ran two twin ceramic heaters by Holmes and they did fine on low (30 amp at campground).

I got them at target on a clearance special many years ago for less than $20 (for both, packaged with two twin heaters). Model HCH4166, 1500W. Has a pretty good thermostat and two speeds. No smell whatsoever since we first used a few years ago, but I do clean them with some compressed air in the fall.

Ran one in the front all night long for the kids (11 and 12) by setting up on a crate (I wouldn't do this with pets or young kids) to keep off the ground and about 4 feet from the end of the bed. The temp outside got down to 40 degrees and the temp on the indoor/outdoor weather station said it never got below 65 inside where they are at. The kids were fine in sleeping bags and never complained. I bumped up the thermostat the next night and it never got below 67 up front. (I thought 65 was a bit cool when I got up to check on them the first night.

Also, we use foam air conditioner insulation in the spaces under the flaps and pink foam in the larger space up front.

In the back bedroom, used the other heater on the TV stand. Didn't know the temp, but it was perfect for me both nights. We closed the curtain to keep in the heat so that it did not have to run too often. In the morning, moved the heater in the bedroom to the bathroom for a few minutes to heat up the space prior to taking a shower. Lovely.

Brought way too many extra sleeping bags and blankets. May be different in cooler weather, but we'll be using these heaters again. We find the propane heater too loud, plus if you have electric, why not use it?

Hope that helps!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote