Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2619w?swingaway View Post
I just bought an '04--2619. The tire size on the unit is st215 75 14. I have gone to tirerack.com and they only list 1 tire in this size. This is a load range 'c'. Is this my only option?
Funny day to bring this up.

I just installed a set of 225/75/R15 (Load Range "D") Maxxis on my '04 2720SL today (rated at 2540# each). The 14" load range "C" are only rated at somewhere around 1650# each.

In order to accomplish this, I had to put a "lift kit" (available from TrailManor) between the trailer axle and frame. I did the same job on my '98 2720 and it was a lot easier (or maybe I was a lot younger). Somewhere between '98 and '04 TM did away with the "L" bracket on the frame and started bolting the axle directly to the frame then welding it on both ends........that's a tail for another post.

At any rate, a lot of us have switched to 15" load range D tires because of the number of tire failures with the 14". TM now puts 15" tires at production so obviously they have recognized the issue and is making an effort to resolve it. I personally think these trailers should have axles rated to 5K#.

There should be a dealer in your area that will order whatever tires that you want. If you decide to stay with the 14" tires, I would recommend load range "D" or even "E" (if you can find them).