View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 09:30 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Seeking info on diff bwtn past & present models

That is indeed an interesting little trailer, the FoldNRoll, isn't it? I agree that it is much too small, especially for a family of 4!!

The Trailmanor on RVtraderonline is too far away for us to consider, but looks like it would be OK for someone in the area or willing to travel that far. We are in CA and just about out of vacation time. I think that "wet bathroom" is like many other cabover campers and smaller trailers, nothing wrong with it. I agree also that it would be nice to have a shelf near the rear "bedroom". From the way the TM's are constructed, it looks like it is very hard to hang shelves unless you want to drill straight through the walls and secure with nuts & bolts and reinforcing metal brackets (and of course they would have to be removable, like on brackets). I went crazy with shelves in our old trailer and also hooks. We had stuff hanging everywhere.

We looked at a TM 2 states away about 3 weeks ago. My husband wasn't with me, and as it didn't seem "perfect" I wouldn't take the plunge without his blessing. One of the things that seemed kind of weird about it (especially after seeing Civil War Buff's brand new 2720 in San Jose) was the way that the rear end kind of tilted down towards the back when it was closed. That back end was also hard to close. The bed sliding part kept hanging up on something, but we couldn't figure it out after going inside several times to see what it could be scraping against. Could this have been because of the scissor jacks being cranked up and it not being level? It just seemed kind of out of kilter.

Does this ever happen to you when you try to close it?

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote