View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I agree with the other folks -- considering their age, I think you were very lucky they lasted as long as they did. My last set of Kumhos was only 6 months old when I bought them, and they both blew 3 years later.

You might consider looking into whether or not there are any laws regulating the age of tires at the time of sale. It seems ridiculous that a dealer could sell a 7-year old tire as brand new, and especially without some sort of disclosure. But I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't. However, perhaps before even doing any research, you might fire off a nasty gram to the HQ of your dealer and your manufacturer, copy the appropriate organizations (BBB, Consumer Reports, DOT, etc.) and ask that they provide you with a new set. That might get the desired effect without much effort.

Based on what I've heard about the Maxxis, I don't think I'd hesitate to get another set -- just make sure they are much younger. Around the LA area, as well as Grand Junction, CO, it is not difficult to get new tires with a date of manufacture within a year of date of sale.

As far as capacity, look for a load range E tire.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote