View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
ED-n-KEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
TrailManor 3023 and Toyota Highlander (the Adventuremobile) Scale Results.
Based on feedback from our owners, we provide the following model guidance:

MODERATE TOWING CONDITIONS
Mostly low altitudes, only occasional steep grades, part time service, normal highway speeds - Models 2619 through 3023 need at least 3500 pound tow rated vehicles and Models 3124 through 3326 need 4000 pound ratings.

SEVERE TOWING CONDITIONS
High mountain towing, full time service - all models will perform better with at least 4000 pound rated tow vehicles.”
Mr Adventure, I'm a bit confused with your post...
If I'm reading your post correctly, your 3023 actually weighed 3520 lbs.
Another user posts that their 2619 weighs 3780 lbs.
Many users have posted that their fully loaded TMs approach, and in some cases exceed 4000+ lbs.
So how you can say that "models 2619 through 3023 need at least 3500 pound TC TV's", when ALL of these weights are clearly OVER 3500 lbs?

And then for severe conditions, you only allow an additional 500 lbs of TC, when in one case you're already 280 lbs over the "standard" conditions ON THE SMALLEST model TM makes.

There have been numerous posts on this subject and I remember the number that was arrived at for safe operation was in the 5000 lb range.
I'm not sure what your basing the statement "Based on feedback from our owners, we provide the following model guidance:", as your numbers were not the ones discussed, and your examples already exceed your recommendations!