View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
Yes Dave: A reply from WMtire will absolutely rule on this issue. And you could very well be right about this: Your table, from Maxxis, is identical to Goodyear's table in all the figures which appear in both tables. (the Maxxis table doesn't go down to 15; and the Goodyear table doesn't go up to include Load Range "E" - because they don't make 'em.)

Wayne- I had the impression that TM has long recommended 65 PSI on those models which came with 15" tires standard- e.g., 3124. I've been talking (yelling?) about this for years. Do you know whether they recommend "tuned PSI" to owners of new 2619/2720 Trailers with15" tires, or do they still say "65 PSI"? (If anyone knows, please chime in.)
I really don't know. It might be interesting to hear from the owner of a newer model with an Owners Manual.

My impression of TM (the manufacturer) is that they are very slow to make changes (including problem solving) and when they do, it seems to "Rock-the-boat" at the assembly plant. It seems like the employees just want to go in and do the same thing that they've been doing for years and don't appreciate change much.

It would not surprise me at all if it took 2-3 years to update the Owners Manual about tire specs. However, now that it has been brought up here, they may do it sooner. I firmly believe that they finally switched to 15" tires based on all of the (negative) info on this forum (which is available to all of their potential customers). It's not the past customers that they care about, it's what their past customers "Say" on this forum that can definitely have an effect on their sales.....and I'm sure they know it.

I have NO DOUBT that all of the negative posts about the Elkmont, on this forum, has had a negative effect on their sales.........if they don't realize that....they are in for some big trouble. Businesses that do not pay attention to their customers do not survive in todays climate.