View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #28
Pierak706

TM Matt, yes, it certainly is! We thought about it, but if we had converted the Sprinter, then we would have had to tow a trailer with all ours stuff...:-[) I have to admit we do not travel light (but I'm working on that!)
Bill, the mechanic did not give us detail, other than show us the broken valve. The difference in the Sprinter is noticeable, but we have not done a 'hill-test' yet.
We did drive the Sprinter and the TM, and it seems to be doing a lot better. I'm very relieved. As I said before, we really like our Sprinter. It is truly a multi-use vehicle. It certainly comes in handy to transport stuff around.
We must have offended the god of travel, though, because on the day we were set to leave, we noticed that the TM air conditioner was not working (brand new TM-under warranty, that's the good part!). So we have driven it back to the dealer (a 2 hrs drive). There is where our TM is now. The Service guy said that the AC was doing "something funky", and he needed to call Carrier for help.
As it happens, the friend we were going to visit is not going to be home in August, so we have now rescheduled the whole trip for September/October.
But we are not deterred! We WILL go camping in the TM this year!!!