View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
EAKlebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
I purchased a set of long ratcheting tie down straps at our local big box store and keep them in the storage area. In case there is ever a latch failure they can be used to go all the way around the TM and keep it closed. Little cost and extra weight for nice insurance.
I had one of those, but I could not find out how to release some of the strap that had already been ratcheted tight & thus the strap would NOT reach. I wound up using a series of ropes, but when I got to the campsite (250 miles from home) I found that the ropes didn't really adequately hold, as a result one of the side latches got torn out.
I purchased two sets of four ratcheting hold-downs and I attached one of the hooks to the frame (where there are cut outs) on each side, then the hooks attached to the ratcheting devices were hooked together on the top (so that the ratcheting devices were hooked to each other), I put a double layer of cardboard under them and tighten them down. Seems to have worked quite well. Probably a better solution than the cardboard cushioning would be using mouse pads.