View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by roned2 View Post
Went on a trip recently. Had two blowouts about an hour apart. Damage on both sides to wheel well area. Damage to holding tank connection and microwave shelf. About three days after I noticed the converter fan was not running. Then the lights started to dim. For a couple of days the battery recharged overnight. Then the fridge stopped working. The dealer says the converter is toast and the battery has a shorted cell and needs to be replaced. Could the electrical problems have occurred because of the blowouts or is this coincidental? I would like to have some information when I talk to my insurance company. Thanks.
The converter and fridge could have been damaged from the interior damage if the tires tore up the fender wells and tire fragments damaged components and wiring inside the trailer. The battery............probably not. More likely old age.

The bigger question is why the tires blew..........We've seen reports of other 2008s with tire failure. My guess would be that it might have been due to the rubber valve stems on the tires. I seem to remember that there may have been a recall on those valve stems (made in China). When the valve stems give way, they leak air and the tire blows apart as you're going down the road due to low air pressure.

I hope that they installed steel valve stems with your new tires.