View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #15
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmanor123 View Post
I was planning on using the camper every other weekend and once a summer driving about six hours away. I don't have a hitch yet, does that add weight to my tow rating? How about sway bars? I'm trying to decide if I should get one that I found for a great deal or wait until I can purchase a truck. I feel that if I wait that I should think about a bigger Trailmanor or one that doesn't fold down. Does anyone feel that Trailmanor's are a lot of work? Thank you.
That's about the same as we use our TM......

If your vehicle does not have a hitch, it does not have a factory tow package. Adding a hitch will merely give you the minimum tow rating that comes on the standard van. You can't tow anything without a hitch. If you are asking if the hitch adds weight to the vehicle, thus lowering the available tow rating........yes it does, by the weight of the hitch.

Sway bars are not required on a Trailmanor on most vehicles.

The Trailmanor is ~more work at set-up than a travel trailer. That work is far out-weighed by the advantages of the TM for some owners. One of the advantages is that it can be towed with a vehicle that has a 5,000# tow rating. I would not tow most travel trailers with a 5,000# tow rating..