View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #8
seandunn1020

Default towing with Sienna

I tow a 2001 trailmanor 2619 with my 05 sienna xle. I took my family with 2 kids and a small dog across country in the sienna with no problem. We went from orlando fl to san diego CA, then we went to yellowstone national park, we had no problem climbing the mountains or coming down them. We had it fully packed for a month of traveling bringing ton of clothes microwave, coffee pot, tv all pots and pans fully stocked refrig. We went a total of 7,000 miles in the month climbed mountains in colorado, wyoming, utah, tennessee, the sienna performed great i had a weight distribution hitch and sway bars and original tires on the trailmanor which after the fact i found out were 9 yrs old, never had a blow out. The sienna had very little clearance on the back but we did not have any issues I drove about 70-75 mph the whole way. I would avg 15-16 mpg on the trip. It was amazing. At the time i had about 55k miles on the sienna. after returning from the trip i had to replace the rear shocks and brakes on the sienna, but we still love camping and went on a 1000 mile trip this yr, however i did replace the old tires on the 2619. I would recommend anyone a sienna as a tow vehicle for the 2619, even fully packed with a family on board!! Enjoy your journey we sure have!!