Thread: Kumho blowout!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Terryh - Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the Cartalk page, and found the one you mentioned as manufactured by Accu-gage. The look just like the one I remember seeing as a kid, and since my Dad always bought quality, I know that must be it! I just ordered one of their bourbon tube gauges, and I'm really hoping it comes with some bourbon -- I think that may be all that can help at this point. Being that we're in the middle of a long trip, I'm going to attack this from as many angles as I can. This is the one I bought: http://www.getagauge.com/Tire-Gauges...ge-RDF160X.cfm

The TST system I ordered was just announced (the 507RV). Unlike their earlier version, which several board members here have purchased, this version has user-replaceable batteries in the sensors, a suction cup mount, an easier programming procedure (no ID's required apparently), and supposedly a more friendly interface. They are expecting to ship the first lot within a week, so at this point, they only take orders by phone. It is announced here.

I'll be at the TM factory Thursday morning. I hope they have their welders ready.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote