Thread: Kumho blowout!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

My Toyota does have a factory TPMS, so while I don't check its tires as often, I do check them at least every time we take the TM on a trip. I think the last time I checked them was at home though right before we left, so I doubt that will shed any light on the situation, as you're probably looking for running temps.

While cool, they are pretty steady, however, so I rarely have to add or remove air.....maybe 3 times a year.

I do know that the Kumhos have been running pretty warm on this trip -- very warm during the first blowout, but the rim and hub were very warm then too. Unfortunately, however, while I routinely feel the hubs, I don't really remember ever feeling the Kumhos themselves prior to this trip, so I don't have a baseline reference.

On the second blowout, everything was cooler -- warmer than lukewarm, but not as how as before. That was expected though because the ambient air temp was 10-15 degrees lower (low 80's). The new 15" wheels and tires run slightly cooler (lukewarm) than the Kumhos in the same ambient temp.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote