View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
mbd4kids

For my vent I used a plastic washing machine hose. I threaded this through the trailer after measuring and cutting a 1" hole through the side of the trailer. For the toilet end, I used the end that would come out of the washer, after cutting off the very end of the rubber (~1" worth). This then slid very nicely into the PVC piece that I put through the toilet opening. At the toilet I used a 3/4" PVC female connector and on the inside of the toilet layered a 1 1/4 " washer for brass tube with a 1 1/2" tub and shower gasket (Home Depot Danco part 88209, other one by Dearborn Brass). I then screwed on a 3/4" male connector to secure. By using the flexible hose, I can remove it easily (actually just slides into the PVC piece) to take the toilet out. We did put a ring clamp with a small piece of metal wedged under to screw into the wall "in case", but doubt it will move. I plan on cutting the outside end close to the trailer, and will put a dollar store sink screen into the end, and will screw it to the outside wall. Doubt things would want to crawl in, but one never knows. I can't get pics to post. If you send me your email, I can send them to you.
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote