View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
Expect a push back from Wayne, but investigate this carefully. Several red flags.

English in description is incorrect hints of Chinese product ie has backward diode???

Contact email address is at Gmail a free mail site. Not normally used by established US companies.

No real specs on efficiency etc.

I am not saying these are bad panels or this is a scam, but just suggesting you investigate further before purchasing..
I have no idea where the panels are actually made. I can tell you that the measured output in direct Sunlight on the panels that I bought (80W) was 5.62A (one panel) with the battery @ 12.5V (before hooking up the panels). I can also tell you that the panel is high quality (glare proof) glass and high quality aluminum frames. Extremely well put together and sealed.

I have no ties to this guy (don't even know him) and I am not trying to push anything. All I can say is that they work for me and they are about 1/2 the price of panels that I have seen out there. I also received them in 4 days and they were shipped from Texas (not that , that means anything). I ordered 1 first, to test it out (I was skeptical). After testing, I ordered a second panel.

We are camping this week for 5 days and I will take some pics of actual output reading from my ammeter. I will also take some pics of the construction of the panels.

For what it's worth.....that auction just closed and someone got the panel for $209 (free S&H).......