View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 10:00 AM   #1
Chris_Bauer

Default Bathroom Privacy Panels

On our last trip I took the initiative to create attractive panels that fill in the tops and side of the bathroom for more privacy.  I used blue insulation sheeting (?) and with the help of a compass I took the measurements, cut the panels, and covered with identically matching woodgrain vinyl. I attached small strips of velcro along the plastic trip on the ceiling that holds the vinyl flap over the tops of the bathroom walls.  I attached the other side of the velcro to the panels in the same position to hold them in place.  Now, if someone wants to use the bathroom at night, they have more privacy and the light from the bathroom doesn't come out over the top or hit me in the eye when I'm laying in bed (I put a small panel strip in the corner where the bathroom wall meets the bedroom).  It has worked so well and is so easy to add to the set up that I am considering doing the same over the wardrobe as well as creating a door that will close off the bedroom.  I haven't made a pattern yet, but when I do I will make it available to those who want it. You don't have to worry should you forget to take the panels out when closing as they will most likely fall out as you are taking down the bathroom walls.  An easy, do-it-yourself job that provides privacy and is also aesthetically pleasing.