View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Jim&Joan

In reading all of the archived posts, one thing that stood out was looking at the shells being level side to side. This is probably a little trickier than writing about it since the the top is crowned. I figure I can put some inspection blocks on the edges and a straight edge between the blocks to see if one side of the shell is tipped.

Yes, the trailer is level. Not sure what the 'square' remark means. Seems nearly impossible to check and hard to imagine how to correct it you could.

The problem has to be related to the inner shell being too low or the upper shell being to high. Since the door alignment isn't too bad, it seems like the lower shell is the likely culprit.

Before I do anything, I will try to check shell level, side to side to help confirm the lower shell is low on the door side.

Spekulator - When you say 'slip a bit' do you mean the square tube support arm slipped down the torsion bar (towards the ground)?

Anyone - Is there a torque value for support arm clamping ? Is there anything in the support arm to carry the torsion bar inside the support arm?